The Indiana Tobacco Quitline is a telephone-based cessation service designed to help all Indiana tobacco users.
The Indiana Tobacco Quitline assists:
- Tobacco users, in any stage of readiness to quit
- Pregnant smokers
- Smokeless tobacco users
- Former smokers who want relapse prevention support
- Friends and relatives of tobacco users who want to offer support
If you need information about pharmacotherapy interactions and contraindications, nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) dosages, etc., visit QuitNowIndiana.com or call the Quitline at 1-800-QUIT-NOW for free information.
When your patient calls the Quitline, a trained Quit Coach will provide:
- An assessment of readiness to quit
- A customized quit plan
- Motivation and problem-solving advice
- Up-to-date information about nicotine replacement therapy
- A Quit Kit, including materials in English or Spanish, tailored for your patient’s needs
- Referral to cessation services offered by local resources or by health plans
Quitline staff are skilled in working with people who use all forms of tobacco products, including smokeless tobacco, pipes, cigars and e-cigarettes.
This is Quitting is a free mobile program from Truth Initiative designed to help young people quit vaping. The first-of-its-kind text messaging program incorporates messages from other young people like them who have attempted to, or successfully quit, e-cigarettes. Truth’s messages show the real side of quitting, both the good and the bad, to help young people feel motivated, inspired and supported throughout their quitting process. They also send young people evidence-based tips and strategies to quit and stay quit. This is Quitting is tailored based on age (within 13 to 24 years old) and product usage to give teens and young adults appropriate recommendations about quitting.
QUIT KITS: Can be ordered for yourself or for clients you serve free of charge.